Due to its unique geographic structure and topography, the south of Tenerife is blessed with more than 340 sunny days a year and a consistent pleasant climate, which qualifies the Canary Island for outdoor sports all around the year.
Tenerife and Tenerife Top Training offer:
- Various running tracks close to T3 (5.000-16.000m) with fantastic views and a 330m athletic track in the training centre
- Possibility of cycling in several altitudes from flat tracks near the coastal line up to approximately 2.400m above the sea level
- Open water training with easy access to the sea and swimming routes from 600-2.100m
- Opportunity to train with local triathlon teams
In the immediate proximity of Tenerife Top Training you find one of the longest promenades in Europe (length of approx. 16km), which is perfectly suited for running sessions. Moreover, there are several cross-country tracks (5-16km) in the surroundings and a 330m running track in the training centre.
- 16km long beach promenade
- Cross-country tracks at El Palmar and in the Teide national park
- 330m running track with 3 lanes
Among numerous running trails, Tenerife offers many challenging bike routes, caused by Pico del Teide, the highest mountain of Spain with a height of 3.718m. Nevertheless, the island also provides simple routes like the trails near the coastal line. Cycling tracks for every fitness level are available, which makes Tenerife particularly attractive for triathletes.
Many professional bicycle teams like Team Sky, Cannondale or Astana, use the cycling routes regularly for training sessions. Further, elite cyclists like Chris Froome or Alberto Contador frequently come to Tenerife to benefit from the perfect training conditions. The traffic is agreeable to cyclists and the roads are in a good condition as well. Moreover, Tenerife Top Training offers cycling maps to its clients with many different routes and variable levels of difficulty. On the grounds of T3 a Free Motion Bike Center is located, where fully equipped bicycles can be rented or purchased.
- Free Motion bicycle store
- Shuttle Service
- GPS rental
- Numerous GPS measured routes
- Possibility of cycling in different altitudes (flat routes close to the coastal line as well trails up to a height of 2.400m)
Also for swimming, ideal training conditions are offered by the surroundings and Tenerife Top Training. The area is almost windless, which frequently allows open water training with swimming routes from 600-2.100m. Besides the swim training in the sea, T3 offers an Olympic swimming pool (50m) with 10 lanes and another 25m pool with 6 lanes.
An elaborated filtration system allows comfortable swim trainings without additional exposure to chlorine. A constant water temperature of 26-28° Celsius and the whole set of FINIS training equipment complement a successful training camp.
Another highlight of T3 is the flume channel. With a maximum speed of 2,5m/s and the 3D video recordation, swimming technique can be analysed and evaluated by athletes and trainer. It is the only flume channel, which is accessible for both, professionals and amateur athletes.